Monday, January 15, 2007

My library of interesting thoughts (people)

I would just like to comment on how I feel very blessed to know and have access to the thoughts of many interesting, intelligent, innovative and (insert other complementary "i" words here) people.

It's true that I often take this for granted, but I was just reading through various blogs and emails from people I know all over the world, and it just struck me as so obvious how lucky I am to be surrounded by people that in essence serve as an endless library of information about such diverse subjects.

Thanks to modern technology and our ability to travel all over the world with such ease, meeting such eclectic groups of people, the current young adults of the world (particularly those with access to education) can be described as particularly fortunate. Questions and queries are answered with such ease (thank you, Google) and if you don't believe what CNN believes, there's always a way to find out what's really going on if you take the time and energy to do so (thank goodness).

I personally take an extra drop of pleasure in reading/listening to the opinions of people who don't claim to "have it all figured out." Perhaps it's knowing the underlying internal debate that makes subsequent conclusions appear more coherent? And I happen to have access to an incredible group of friends, family and colleagues that inform me what is going on in various corners of the world, make it a point to argue with me (and even prove me wrong ;-P) and let me pick their brain on a fairly frequent basis. So, thank you.

Let's face it, as intriguing as it may be to read a well-written newspaper article, I will always have a preference to hear about the same subject from a person who I have also seen walking through the library in their pajamas at 4am or thinking deeply while dunking cookies in milk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home