Sunday, October 15, 2006

back to life...back to reality

so i could tell you about the rest of my trip in the States, and random commentary about my life upon returning to Israel...but that's not that exciting and i'd much rather do something i've been meaning to do for a while: create a little music quiz for my readers. I got the idea from quizzes that are already out there and people know about and figured i would rather just come up with one of my own and see how people do. i think mine will probably be easier than ones you've seen before, but that's ok, you'll just feel smart and cool for knowing the answers and that's always a good thing. ok, so here we go:

again, the rules are as such:
1) do not, under any circumstance, google the lyrics!! the point is fun. and if you don't know, you don't know. you can of course decide to not submit and then you can google all you want...
2) submitting responses can be either in email form (for those who know my email, which i assume is true of everyone who reads this anyway) or posting.
3) lyrics are from all different parts of songs -- the more random the song, the more likely i'll be to include something from a chorus rather than a verse
4) the person who gets them all right will get something pleasant. i haven't decided what that is yet, but what do you care, it's always fun to win things.

ok, here they are, in no particular order...

1) And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
“I’m fine baby, how are you?”

2) Everybody is livin' it up
All the fellas keep lookin' at us
Cause me and my girls, On the floor like what
While the DJ keeps on spinnin' the cut

3) You sleep, too deep, one week is another world
Big mouth, big mouth, drop out, drop out
You get what you deserve
You're stange, insane, one thing you can never change

4) Help me to decide
Help me make the most
Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever

5) Theres judy garland taking buddha by the hand
And then these seven little men get up to dance
They say confucius does his crossword with a pen
Im still the angel to the girl who hates to sin

6) Take away my trouble, take away my grief
Take away my heartache, in the night like a thief

7) I'm not ashamed to come and plead to you baby
If pleadin' keeps you from walkin' out that door

8) I leave you with your misery
A friend who won’t betray
I pull you from your tower
I take away your pain

9) This is the book I never read
These are the words I never said
This is the path I'll never tread
These are the dreams I'll dream instead
This is the joy that's seldom spread

10) Tougher than diamonds, rich like cream
Stronger and harder than a bad girls dream

11) Remember seeing moons rebirth
Rains made mirrors of the earth
The sun was just yellow energy

12) Now why would I ever stop doing this
With others makin' records that just don’t hit
I toured around the world from London to The Bay

13) To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?

14) Lie back and fast asleep
If you could see what I could see
Drip drop a lovely dream

15) Well, there's a piece of Maria in every song that I sing
And the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings

16) Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go

17) But I got a dalmatian and I can still get high
I can play the guitar like a mother f***in' riot

18) 'Cos she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body
I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms
Late, late at night

19) You don't know how long i have wanted to touch your lips and hold you tight
You don't know how long I have waited
and I was going to tell you tonight

20) Now it's like I'm fatal, It's all on the table and baby you hold the cards,
and you got the magic and I gotta have it,
I don't want the pieces I want every single part


Ok, that's good enough for now. I don't think this is really such a random sampling, it's just what i could think of at the moment. but like i said. good enough :-P Happy figuring it out!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4: Everybody Wants to Rule The World by Tears for Fears

#5 Happy Phantom by Tori Amos

#17: is that band with the song "Santeria" whose name escapes me

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger youknowwho said...

Idan wins, and while he rocks, sadly this win is sort of by default (because the rest of you out there DON'T ROCK).

here are the answers:
1) Home – Michael Buble

2) Mariah Carey – It's like that

3) Ready to Go - Republica

4) Everybody Wants to Rule the World – Tears for Fears

5) Happy Phantom – Tori Amos

6) Crazy Love – Van Morrison

7) Ain't Too Proud to Beg – the Temptations

8) Adia – Sarah McLachlin

9) Why – Annie Lennox

10) Power of Love - Huey Lewis & The News

11) Chariot – Gavin DeGraw

12) Can't Touch This – MC Hammer

13) Kiss From a Rose - Seal

14) Barrel of a Gun - Guster

15) Mrs. Potter's Lullaby – Counting Crows

16) Mandolin Rain – Bruce Hornsby

17) What I Got - Sublime

18) Rick Springfield – Jessie's Girl

19) Alone - Heart

20) I'm Your Baby Tonight – Whitney Houston

don't expect me to do this again if you people don't participate :-(

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger tafka PP said...

I know this is an old post but the Tori song caught me eye. And also- if you don't mind travelling to go to Karaoke, we do a semi-regular night in Jerusalem...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home