Tuesday, December 20, 2005

no, i haven't fallen into a coma


I know I have been really awful about writing here, i realize, so my apologies to those who check it...and maybe don't anymore??

anyway...i won't do the "update" thing because that's just annoying. what i will say is that tomorrow is my last day of work...holy shit! i can't believe it! our test for the Ulpan is on Thursday and in general the next to weeks are full of things wrapping up around here and us all needing to bust a move.

the job search is still in progess...i am doing my best to remain optimistic. I have an interview with a placement agency in J-lem next Thursday which hopefully will help me have a better idea of what's really out there...i can't say yet how i feel about the idea of living and working in Jerusalem. I guess I definitely haven't ruled it out and if I am able to find a really great job there i think it might just be silly to not go for it. we'll see.

other than that, things are going really well. It's almost Channukah! my first one in Israel which is great, but it's also kind of sad to not be at home and able to make chanukah food with my mom. I might go for the first night to Miri and Ori though, we'll see. The only reason i wouldn't is that we have to get up at 4am the next day for our tiul to the negev for two days.

soooooooo....what else. My dad is here visiting!! woohoo! and this Friday Amitai gets here! Woohooo! starting his trip in style, we're going to some type of concert on Friday night...perhaps Miri Mesika in Ramat Gan, which would be quite convenient considering we're going to Ishay's parent's for Shabbat lunch regardless. que mas? this past weekend Gali and I and her friend Na'ama went to this bar in Tel Aviv (ouzie or something like that?) and this guy was like, do i look familiar to you? at first i assumed he was trying to hit on Gali but it turns out that he was in a commerical that just came out and wasn't sure if people have seen it or if they would recognize it. we both had no clue and i barely watch TV so i definitely haven't seen it, but since that night, Gali said she sees it all the time, which is cool for this random dude. Hopefully I'll see it as well sometime soon.

Leaving here is going to be so crazy i think. I am definitely not mentally prepared and even less physically prepared (i.e. not even thought about packing and i have wayyy too much crap accumulating here). Luckily Iris and Noa and Aviva are all staying for a while longer and so saying goodbye in the beginning of January won't really be goodbye.

ok, i'll write again really soon...promise. i'll add some pictures to make up for my absence :-P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home