Thursday, January 12, 2006

hiking fun, job search not fun

Went hiking last Shabbat with Amitai and his buddy (now my buddy too!) Danny. Got some lovely shots to share with you :-)

amazing, eh?

don't let the sun go down on me....
yay! i'm finally getting a "taste" of what Amitai did every weekend during his year in Be'er Sheva
i'm not the only one that has to fix my pony tail ;-)
the view out there is surreal, in such a good way. breathtaking, really. i have a bunch more, let me know if you want me to pass them along.

so, job search....bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

it's not surprising that it's kind of frusting, it was like this back when i was looking for a job in Boston after graduation, but i'm usually pretty optimistic around here and i know that something will come through and it will all work out like it should. :-) right???? riiiight. i've been a to a couple interviews and such and keep sending my CV out as much as i can.

not living on the kibbutz has been an interesting transition so far. i like seeing my family a lot, but i have to say that i do miss my room there and Iris and Aviva and the rest of my buddies. I'll just be sitting here doing nothing and somehow, even when we did nothing on the kibbutz, which was a lot, it felt more like something since we were doing nothing with other people. an interesting phenomenon, much like how reading your book in a place other than your house feels like you're doing something, just because of the change of scenery.

on the other hand, i've been wandering around Tel Aviv a lot, many times with Amitai walking beside me, neighborhood shopping or what have you. it reminded me how i really do love living in/near cities where you can people watch and wander without too much purpose and somehow never be too far from where you might want to go.

it's nice to have Eyal back! it feels more like Israel with him here and his friends all around, etc. It was great to see them as well. It'll be cool if the whole Eyal, Noam and I in an apt thing actually works out...we'll see. living with boys will be a fun but interesting experience should it come through. but groups of guy friends are different here...in a good way.

well, i should really keep going on this job thing but i just needed to take a break and i was seeing if anyone actually left any comments, but nope...oh well. i'm ok with talking to myself too, i do it all the time anyway :-P

hope you like the pictures!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Lerone, thanks for the updates! Your pictures look amazing, seems like you went on some nice hikes! Good luck with the job search, it's never fun. We'll talk soon :)

Karyn

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I love this, I have never seen your blog before. I am so glad that you are doing great. It seems like you are so happy.
Love the pictures
we miss you
May

 

Post a Comment

<< Home