Friday, January 20, 2006

after a week's worth of work

an update in a second, first pictures from last weekend's hike...

sunset view from Sde Boker (where Ben Gurion and his wife are buried) -- our hike (Amitai, Danny and I) ended here but i always forget to upload pictures in the opposite order...
a "bamba break" before starting to make our way back --- bamba, making us stronger since 1964 :-P
arm-held-out-with-camera self-portrait --- yay for desert hikes...


mmmmmmmmm....weekend.

well, i've officially finished my first week of work (no work on Fridays, so i have a "normal" two day weekend :-P) and I have to say that I think it's going quite well so far. I can't really believe that it's working out...the skeptic in me taking over, that is, but it really is a nice office with smart and interesting people (and small, so not that many of them). So far the job is quite eclectic and something tells me it will remain as such, which i like -- no monotony. My knowledge of what it means to be a venture capital fund is growing exponentially and while i was never really into economics and math related subjects, this is actually pretty cool, and i generally like the idea of helping big American companies invest in Israel -- in whatever form it is. Amitai came to visit me yesterday and I showed him the office. He also commented on the change of pressure when you ride up in the elevator...i still haven't gotten used to it and have to force myself to yawn or chew or something to pop my ears all the time. but it's kind of fun that this is an issue at all :-)

chutz mi zeh (besides that), things are pretty much standard. last night i was hanging out with Eyal and Gali and Eyal's buddies, which was fun. Groups of guys are really amusing here. It's really nice to be around, and they've been buddies since high school or before, so them making fun of each other is on a whole different level. Although from what i've observed, girls here, when they hang out with guys, aren't very vocal...it's like, the guys hang out and some girls are there accompanying their boyfriends or something, but aren't really part of the group. For me this is an odd feeling and I just jump right into the conversation if I want, they're all great and friendly and sarcastic anyway...just my style.

this shabbat should be pretty low-key. I'm going to go hang out with my grandmother later today and then tonight i'll be hopefully meeting up with Amitai for a last hurrah of sorts. boooo, people need to not leave. it's not ok with me. i will just have to start looking forward to my next visit from a person i miss in America... my MOM!!! there's no ticket yet, but the general plan is March?? we shall see. It'll be fun if she comes and can stay with me at my new apt in Tel Aviv --- uhh, no, i don't have an apt or know of an apt or anything like that...i'm just saying it so that it comes true --- it's worked so far with the job thing :-) tomorrow i might end up hanging out with my cousin Shaked who i actually haven't even seen yet...so that'll be fun. perhaps I'll get to meet the famous Maya who he's been dating literally since the last week i was here in Israel -- two and a half years ago.

anyway. enough rambling for now. if you read you should comment. it makes me happy. which makes me write more. which makes you have something to procrastinate with. it's an amazing cycle...keep it flowing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ler,
Keep writing I love reading all and every word.
Love,
Mom.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Konchok Ngodup said...

i also take pictures of myself with my arm outstretched holding the camera, and then wonder "am i being conceited?" the answer mostly is no...especially since for some reason tibetan people don't know how to use a camera and take horrible pictures of me.

i'm liz's brother btw, in case you hadn't figured it out. nice to blog meet you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home